WBL Workshop #4

     The fourth WBL workshop was about our career interests. The survey asked us questions based on the Holland Code. What the Holland Code is basically a theory of personality that focuses on career and vocational choice. People are gropued based on their suitability for six different categories of occupations (pictured below). Questions in my survey asked me things like if I enjoy working with other people or if I like math. Based on how we answer the question we can see which categories we are interested the most and which categories we are interested the least. We list the top three areas of interest and form our unique career code. This code can let us see careers we may be interested in. In addition to taking a Holland Code survey we took a Career Cluster survey. Career Clusters are a grouping of occupations and industries based on commonalities. Taking the career cluster survey let us see which occupations and industries we might be interested in working in.
     So after I took my Holland Code test the code I got was CIA. This ment that the top three areas that I'm interested in are Conventional, Investigative, and Artistic. This means that careers that may interest me can be management, orginizational, and numerical careers; scientific and intellectual; and/or creative, imaginative, and intuitive careers. So when I look for careers in the future I can use these categories to find something I'll most probably like, assuming my areas of interests don't change over time. So in the future I could choose to be the manger of a company, a business card designer, an astronomer, or perhaps the manager of an astronomy company that also designs the business cards. My Career Clusters told me the three clusters I might be interested were in the business industry, the educational industry, and/or the IT industry. This tells me that whatever career I look for in the future I will most probably enjoy a career in any of the industries above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favicons

Favorite Teacher Project Reflection

Emoti-Con 2019 Reflection